History of Princeville Presbyterian


Princeville Presbyterian Church held its first service in 1834, and was the first ever Presbyterian Church in Peoria County. The church bell—still a staple of the worship service and heard throughout Princeville—was obtained in 1867. The church building was expanded in 1986 and the sanctuary renovated in 1991. In 1993 we added a new steeple, which is visible throughout Princeville.   God has been faithful to our church over the last two centuries and, specifically, we have recently experienced God’s faithfulness in our gracious dismissal from the PC (U.S.A.). We joined the Evangelical Presbyterian Church (E.P.C.) in March of 2012 and changed our name from First Presbyterian Church to Princeville Presbyterian Church. Our prayer is for God’s continued faithfulness as we pursue His glory through the proclamation of the gospel in Princeville, Peoria County, and throughout the world.